As a Specialist Lawyer for Copyright and Media Law, Jens Klaus Fusbahn works primarily in the area of intellectual property and the media.
In addition to all areas of copyright and media law, his specialist areas also include matters pertaining to industrial property protection, in particular trademark law and competition law.
He is Chairman of the Preliminary Examination Committee for Copyright and Media Law at the Düsseldorf Bar Association and a member of the Executive Committee of the ARGE Intellectual Property and the Media in the German Bar Association (DAV).
Mr. Fusbahn regularly publishes specialist papers on the topics of industrial property and copyright and media laws. He is a permanent member of the team of authors for a relevant professional journal.
He is readily called on by the media as an expert on topical legal issues in the areas of media and competition law.
In the copyright area, Mr. Fusbahn also works as a court-appointed expert.
Lawyer since 1998
- Working group for Intellectual Property and the Media at the German Bar Association (DAV)
- (Executive Committee, Public Relations Officer)
- Preliminary Examination Committee Copyright and Media Law at the Düsseldorf Bar Association (Chairman)
- The German Association for Industrial Property Protection and Copyrights (GRUR e.V.)
- Düsseldorf Bar Association
- Düsseldorf Lawyers Association
- Regular lecturer providing advanced training to Specialist Lawyers e.g. of the topic of “Copyright and media law-related problems in the Internet”
- AGEM Lecture (Working group for Intellectual Property and the Media)at the DAT 2011 in Strasbourg “The third basket and implementation of Enforcement-RL”
- Lecture “Carefree enjoyment of films via streaming portals with illegal film offerings?” April 30, 2011 in Hamburg
- Lecture: New legislation on databases and archives, May 11, 2012 in Hamburg
- Regular contributions covering the area of intellectual property in the IP-Rechtsberater (IP-Adviser, member of the team of authors for IP-Beratungspraxis)
- „Carefree enjoyment of films via streaming portals such as www.kino.to?” IPRB 2011 S.42 ff.
- „Vorsprung durch Technik – New principles on the registrability of advertising slogans and catchphrases in advertising? IPRB 2011 S. 87 ff.
- „No right to be forgotten” – On the reliability of storage of personal data and reporting in online archives IPRB 2012 S. 37 ff
- „Protection of the database producer” – The current law on the protection of databases – IPRB 2012, 114 ff as interpreted by the European Court of Justice and the Federal Court of Justice (BGH).